Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Another week gone by

Another week has slipped by me, the days seem to go so quickly I no sooner rise from bed than it's evening and I'm tired again.
We are still having problems with our boiler, it started leaking in early August so we have 3 tubs underneath catching the water. The leak is going into the electrics so it blew leaving us with no hot water or central heating. The repair man came out but the ordering of a new boiler has to go through so many stages I could manufactur my own quicker. We had the boiler, tank and 2 new radiators installed in September 2005, our old boiler had lasted us 30+yrs with no problem just a service each yr. This one has done this 5 times now but this is the longest we have gone without the essentials.

We either have to travel a 40 mile round trip to my sisters for a shower or boil water in large pans to have a wash with. I can't carry water up the stairs so I have morning washes in cold water and don't believe all they tell you about cold water being good for the skin because it's made no difference to mine at all!! I'm thinking of going to a car boot sale and seeing if I can buy an old tin bath to put in front of the fire to bath in as in the olden days. I used to do that when I lived with my Grandmother many moons ago.

We have been very patient with the contractors but it's now becoming beyond a joke, the weather is getting very cold. For the past 3 yrs since my dr took me off hormone replacement therapy I have suffered the dreaded 'hot flushes' constantly, now I need those hot flushes to keep me warm they've diminished so I'm perishing cold.
I'm so grateful for the lap quilts I have, whenever I sit I promptly wrap my legs in one and put a lighter one around my shoulders. It's like a signal to the little doglets, as soon as I pick the first quilt up three of them quickly get up and run to come on my knee so I have my own inexpensive hotties. Not so sure DH will agree with the inexpensive bit though LOL.

I spent an hour on the phone on thursday to various agencies trying to get the work done quicker but still need to wait another 6 days then ring to see if they have passed the work. At this rate we will be like a chapter from Dickins at Christmas. The doglets are happy though they can't have baths either. Even poor old Georgi is feeling the cold and pinched one of my quilts....

I will have to remove the icicles from my face before morning or I could become an ice sculpture. Dh has gone into the wilds of Welsh Wales on a climbing trip for the weekend and he's welcome to it.

On a much lighter note I was supposed to be having a little Cavvie girl called Gemma staying with me for 10 days whilst her Mum went on holiday but she's not coming now. Carole's Mum has met her and begged to have her stay with her so I miss out on the kisses and cuddles she loves to give, this is the delightful Gemma ahe's a real sweetheart

I am having a little Shiddie come and stay with me on foster for FOTA I think she/he will be coming on Tuesday, an expuppy farm dog who will need some extra TLC before going to their new home. I splurged out on a new mop as this and an endless supply of kitchen roll is essential LOL. It's been pretty quiet since our last foster little Poppy went, we really miss her.
We did entertain these two little ones though who with ours became a wrecking crew flying around the garden and house playing chase for what seemed like all night. Meet the wrecking crew also known as Thierry & Henri our foster Bichons LOL



Well my bed calls and my fingers are getting stiff so I'll say goodnight for now and hope to post more often than I have been doing so far this year.

Keep safe and take care
hugs Peg x

1 comment:

BenTheRotti said...

I do hope they have got your boiler sorted for you, it is certainly getting colder now! Want me to come over and be your personal hot water bottle? hehehe

rotti slobbers and smoooches,

Ben xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...