Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bear with me

Please bear with me and I'll explain the presence of this little girl soon. I've been really busy over the past few weeks overseeing the changes we've made to house & garden. Dh, daughter and grandson have worked so hard putting our accumalative ideas into place. I'm not being lazy just can't do the things I used to anymore.

In the garden area we now have the longed for summer house, all the area is paved leading to less high maintenance. Our small storage shed had a repair and repaint. We bought another summer house which now houses my grooming table so I'm able to clip the dogs making less after clip work than it was. I've had to refuse the offer from friends to clip their dogs too I do mine when I can so am not under pressure. The dog room also houses their food etc. Dh also filled another of my dreams, I've always wanted a garden swing, we saw one when out shopping before the garden was finished so he bought it for me. Aren't I a lucky girl, well old bird :o)

I have always wanted a conservatory and have waited just over 30 yrs for one, finally we have one. Because we are limited on space it isn't massive but I love it. The workmen were great and a pleasure to have around, the quality of their work was excellent. Dh just has to paint the two small areas of wall which were plastered, now we've agreed on the colour, and lay whichever flooring we decide to choose. We're not going with ceramic tiles due to it being to cold in the winter. I want to be able to use it all year round. It will either be laminate/wood or a good quality cushion floor.

My bedroom has had a makeover and I absolutely LOVE it, my daughter has worked really hard, the blind and curtains were put up yesterday so photos can be taken soon. The front bedroom just needs the blind and curtains putting up, carpet laid then this too is finished. On the 10th of August Dh and SIL are off back to Spain with his brother for a 10 day break, BIL lives out there. Whilst the men are gone the stairs, landing and hall, the living room and downstairs loo will all be repainted. The dining room recently had it's makeover, the kitchen will be done later this yr. My new large stove is sitting patiently in the garage ready to be installed, this is the beauty of having a Dh who loves to cook, he too fell in love with the idea of a large stove ;o). At the moment he's undecided whether to have a complete new kitchen or just replace the stove, which will mean I lose 2 cupboards, have new worktops and paint the cupboard doors. The bathroom will be done later also.

Dh is taking flexi retirement at the end of the summer so he wants to get everything done before then. It will mean he works Mon/Tues/Wed for 6am-9.30am then 3pm-6pm on those days and is off Thurs/Fri/Sat & Sunday. He's wanting to be able to relax in the garden or take off walking somewhere for the day or when he and friends go climbing for the weekend he can leave Thurs instead of Friday teatime. He can then do all this without feeling guilty that there's work to be done at home.

I'm not worried he'll be under my feet all the time bored out of his brain, he has a lot of hobbies, especially photography. Unfortunately he doesn't drive so I'll have to be his driver but he's happy to be dropped off for the day.

I have a lot of sewing to get done but certainly have enough fabric in my stash to choose from. There are at least 4 patchwork quilts need backing andfinishing off. I still have to complete the Angel of Spring xstitch for my framing lady. I haven't been able to xstitch for a few weeks my hands have been to swollen but I'll get to it as and when I can she isn't in a hurry. I have a lot of samplers I've stitched which are sat waiting for the hall to be completed so they can be put up too.

It's been a hectic few weeks but oh so worth it, I've sourced all additions through some of my favourite stores Ikea, B&Q, Wickes, Dunhelm, Wilkinsons and through ebay, freecycle, flea markets & carboot sales. Oooh I've loved it LOL.

Enjoy your day

hugs Peg x

3 comments:

amelia said...

Will you be posting pics of your conservatory? Would love to see it!
You are a busy lady and it's a wonder you have time to post at all.
We are moving in August and I've given up blogging at all till after it's all done!

KC'sCourt! said...

Thank you for the kind words on my blog
Julie xxxxxxx

KC'sCourt! said...

Sorry- meant to say my "It works for me....."blog
Julie xxxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...