Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Just a few things...warning photo heavy post

I haven't been idly sitting around not bothering with posting there have been some changes in my life that has knocked me for six as we British say.

However I have managed over the past few weeks to be creative with my quilting and crochet efforts. Due to ill health although I'm still a director of our rescue I will not be responsible for any day to day running of the rescue. One of the other directors and 4 staff members are now running it and I know it is in very capable hands. These ladies are dedicated to working to make our rescue what it should be, now we know for certain that ALL funds coming into the rescue are used for the dogs care, vet bills are being caught up with. They're working hard to raise funds, organise having stalls at fund raising events and auctions. I trust them all completely and know all dogs coming into the rescue's care will be well looked after whilst waiting for his/her new home.
My contribution will be making items for sale and auction whenever I can, I recently made the following which has now been posted off to be auctioned or sold. All proceeds will go to the rescue.

My Lush Greenery quilt, named because of the line of fabric used, I pieced to my own design and quilted it with Stitch in the ditch stitching. It is the first time I've done this and enjoyed it so much. It's backed with a lime green cotton and the batting is Homespun anti allergy.

The quilt started with a jelly roll called Lush Greenery, strips sewn together with a white 2.5" strip in the middle.

Add a plain green border, a rosebud border and delightful dark pink spot on cream binding, wash and air dry on a beautiful sunny day.
I also made 2 throw cushions to match backed with the same fabric as the quilt binding.

These are the two crochet blankets I crocheted to help raise funds for the rescue.
My first crochet blanket I called this one Pastel with a hint of Bold crocheted from various colours of wool.
My second one which I called Fizz bomb, it is crocheted from the same variegated wool throughout and goes from white through to the deepest strawberry fizz.


On the subject of crochet I have also learnt how to do the Maybelle crochet flower square. You'll find the pattern on Annette's delightful blog here her instructions are very easy to follow, she has given the pattern for the flower and the instructions to make it into a square plus her blog is a pleasure to visit.
Also on the crochet front I have been making chunky baskets, I found the patterns on Liz's blog she makes the most lovely items. This image is of LIZ'S gorgeous large chunky basket. If you look on the sidebar on the right of the page you will see the links to the pattern. Very easy to follow instructions, I am hoping to do one in similar colours because I think it's so striking. Mine are the ones which follow, I do have 2 others that I've made but they're at our bolt hole I'll show those later.
Liz's basket
These are my baskets, this is the smallest one
The larger basket, as you can see they're not small, the balls of wool in mine are 2 x 100gm balls, a 200gram ball and 2  x 50gram balls. The hook you can see poking out is a size 8 hook with a twisted pink/pale blue handle purchased from ebay.
I really enjoyed crocheting them. Please pop on over to Liz's blog it's a delight to visit.

.Tomorrow I'll share my next quilt project, I have photos but not of the stage it's at now, plus I imagine you're fed up of photos by now :o).

Take good care of you, thank you for visiting, 

hugs Peg xx



1 comment:

amelia said...

I love your photo's and I'm just blown away with your talent!!
Do you sell to overseas buyers? I'm in Canada. If you could email me and let me know I'd be very grateful.
jenny@networkescape.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...