Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Almost over

Warning photo heavy post.

Well we're in the last few hours of 2013, looking back in some ways it's been the year from hell but with a few blessings. I've learned quite a lot about people I trusted and loved, sometimes I've felt so many knives in my back it's been darned uncomfortable, but to cancel those things out I've had amazing support from people I didn't think even cared. I share day to day things in my life on here but not the very personal things but those personal things have been tested this year.

 I have 2 older sisters and one younger the latter gradually alienated my Mother from the rest of her family by feeding awful lies to her. My Mum passed away in June of this year after an illness of several months that we knew nothing about. Due to the sister from hell none of us knew about it and if she had her way none of us would have been at the funeral. Thankfully her own son managed to get my number from my son and let me know what was happening. We were away at the time and by the time I knew there was no way I could get to the hospital before she passed away. My uncle went but was about 4 minutes to late. I contacted the ward staff explaining who I was, they were surprised because they'd been informed there was no other relatives than my sister. We weren't allowed to see Mum at the funeral home due to same sister being the client and putting a condition on the account that no one else was permitted to see her, the funeral directors were under the impression Mum had no other relatives.They were very shocked when my uncle turned up asking to see Mum, sadly they couldn't let him. We also found out same sister had emptied ALL Mums house contents and belongings into skips without any other family member knowing. No one has anything other than memories to remember her by. The house was rented, Mum was not flush with money so no one would expect to inherit financially. The word evil springs to mind.

When I'd found out Mum was in hospital I'd rung my uncle and we let others know between us. The funeral directors were surprised when almost 20 relatives incuding 2 other daughters turned up.  Nice sister eh, I once told her if she didn't change her ways and attitude she would become a bitter, twisted, lonely old woman and sadly she has.

The good that came out of sadness and unforgivable behaviour was I met up with one of my older sisters again and it's a relationship that will last. That in itself brought both sorrow and joy, our eldest sister is very ill with several health problems the worse being Lupus she has the severe kind which is causing her organs to shut down. The other sister who came to the funeral shared with me that she had breast cancer, had gone through the treatment and would learn in October if they had managed to get it all and she'd be clear. It was 2 months later, August, when I was diagnosed with the same type of cancer. I'm so pleased to say when my sister saw her oncologist in October they pronounced her free from cancer. She still has to stay under their care with regular mammograms and must report any changes straight away but the outcome was a huge relief.
That's the unpleasant part of this year over and done with.

Here's updated photos of some of our grandchildren

Two of my beautiful granddaughters, Molly left & Ellice Christmas morning, they grow up to fast nowadays. Both girls are way above me in height now lol
Christmas morning at the Russ house, from left to right, James,GS, Lesley, D, Andrew SIL and Sam GS all showing off their new onesies and dressing gowns. :)

Here's the dressed Lesley in serious mode driving me for treatment, just after this photo she almost jumped out of her skin when a tram appeared at the side of her coming up out of the under pass LOL.
Mum and son
My turn for an after lunch snuggle


Missing from the photos are Mark our eldest grandson and our youngest son and family who we didn't get to photograph.

We changed colour this year, I usually have my gold and red decorations but  we needed a new tree so I opted for a white one and my daughter dressed it in deep purple tinsel and lilac and silver baubles for me. The glow at the bottom is silver tinsel entwined with a set of battery powered lights from Ikea.
My sideboard had it's usual visitors arrayed upon it.

My little munchkins have all been clipped down, I can't brush them as often as I was doing so it was necessary to clip them off. Nunu at the top of the photo Poppy at the bottom both are waiting for Livvy to finish eating but it's a futile wait Livvy bless her leaves nothing LOL
Little Megan who's wearing her Diva jumper because she was cold and she has turned into a little Diva!
Our lovely Livvy who along with Megan is showing signs of dementia
Dooglebug who has suffered awful stress problems manifesting in skin problems since just after I was diagnosed, he's on steroids again at the moment.

Momma Mia and Nemo who isn't impressed with his new haircut! Sitting with their most favourite person in the world their Dad. Either that or it's because he's near the radiator LOL
And finally little Georgi girl the most mischievous little tomboy I've ever met! Dont let that cute little face fool you :) That's Dooglebug she's snuggling up to her partner in crime and Nunu the other side.
I much prefer them long coated but it' not fair on them if I can't brush them, they need brushing daily to keep their coats from tangling and matting.

I tried some crochet the other day, my arm and hand of the same side as the cancer are both still swollen so it was a slow process in short bursts. I found a great tutorial for a Ripple blanket very kindly given by Lucy on her blog. Her tutorials are so easy to follow especially for me and this is my progress so far. I'm enjoying it in fits and starts LOL.

I would like to wish you all a very happy, peaceful and healthy New Year. Take care if your out and about tonight.

hugs

Peg xx

6 comments:

joy said...

So sorry to hear about the sister from hell, how sad for you all. Hoping that 2014 brings you better health. Happy New Year,
Joy x x x

hazel c UK said...

So sorry to read about your family problems and how sad you did not get to see your Mum. Your sister has got to live with what she has done to you and the rest of the family and that won't be easy. They say you can choose your friends but not your family and how true is that. I am lucky being the eldest of 6 (lost one sister a few years ago) but we all keep in touch and meet up often. Maybe if you wrote to her she might see how wrong she has been.

Glad you have managed to do a little crocheting very pretty pattern.

I wish you a much happier year to come Peg and you continue to improve.

Hugs
Hazel c UK

Peg said...

Aww bless your heart thank you Joy, she really is evil reincarnated I don't think I've ever heard her speak good about anyone.

May you be blessed with a happy, healthy 2014, lovely news about your new grandchild I love mine to bits.

Peg xx

KC'sCourt! said...

Sorry to hear about you and your family - that is so sad, in fact it has quite upset me, and I don't know you.
Hope you have a happy 2014
Julie xxxxxxxx

Peg said...

Bless your heart Julie, thank you for your good wishes, what you read here isn't a quarter of what she did but I didn't feel it good to 'tell' all.
I can't hate her its not in my nature I'd rather be a peace maker.
I think the topping was to wish the worse possible illness upon my head, well she got her wish. I honestly feel sorry for her and what she has become. The rantings posted on Facebook could only come from someone with a sick mind, I was legally advised to take it to the police but to be honest I'd rather put it in Gods hands.

I thank the Him daily for the support I've had from other family members from the first hearing about my diagnosis. No matter what the day brings there's always something to be thankful for.
Peg xx

Peg said...

Hi Hazel a happy new year to you too, I wish you many happy sewing days ahead.

Your suggestion is a lovely one but sadly the last I saw that she'd written was that she would love to have me buried under her patio so she could walk on my grave everyday because it would give her great joy.
to me this isn't the conversation of a sane person.
I told the person sending me the documents not to send any more no matter what was written.

I don't particularly want to read the daily rantings I want to look on the positive side of life. As you say she has to live with it, I am a christian and I have a strong faith in the Good Lord. I also believe that one day each and everyone of us will have to stand before Him and give account of our actions and words. I include myself also I'm not perfect by any standard. I've decided to let it go and leave it in His capable hands.

Take care
Peg xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...