Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Our little soldier

Whilst I've been incapacitated on enforced rest Mr B has been occupying himself with swapping cupboards around. Many of you will I'm sure salute this action but the problem is I can never find anything when he's finished lol. He will often move things around in the large larder cupboard but then I have to keep shouting to ask him where he's put things.

Anyway, he decided to rearrange the cupboard under the stairs where we keep stocks of long term storage like a few tinned goods, loo roll, kitchen roll, pasta etc. During his sorting he came across a cardboard box which gave a bit of a 'pot' rattle when he moved it. Carefully looking inside he came across this handsome fellow which we forgot we had.

 He's a cookie jar around 18" high, we knew we had the perfect place for him now. Mr B is a big fan of chocolate, I'm not, the occassional McVities chocolate wholemeal biscuit I enjoy but that's it. However I do dabble in sweets (candy to our US friends) so we have decided to take him to our peaceful holiday get away and give him the honour of guarding our 'stash' We can get quite a few packets of sweets & chocolate bars in there don't you think?  I love his cute little grin. My daughter, SIL & grandson are going down for the weekend but she'd rather not have the responsibility of taking him, she's brilliant at breaking things lol.

Im going to see if I can stand long enough to put the batting and backing fabric on my quilt top, not easy sitting down doing it and I need it to be kept straight.

If I manage it you'll be the first to know :o)

Take care

Peg x

2 comments:

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Thank you so much for the nice comment on my post about my childhood home. I'm sorry that you experienced a similar experience. I looked at several of your posts and enjoyed seeing your sweet dogs. I have two doxies, a long coat chihuahua and a poodle. My Grandmother passed away in early April and had wanted me to take her beloved poodle. So now I have an adorable white poodle. It was very nice meeting you through blogland. Come visit me again!------ Shannon

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Aw, what a cutie. I have been looking out for a vintage biscuit barrel for myself, not that biscuits in this house need storing for long!

Penny Dreadful Vintage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...