Pages

Monday, May 11, 2020

I didn’t realise it had been this long!

Wow, I’m ashamed to see how long it is since I last posted! I’ve not visited blogs over this time either which is not like me because I love seeing what everyone is up to. Looking at my previous post health wise not a lot has changed, Neil has really gone through the mill so to speak with his health. He is under a consultant for something that they haven’t diagnosed yet, he’s had a lot of marks appear on his legs at first we thought they were bruises but they’re not, they haven’t come up with a name for it yet he has a cream to apply but they’re increasing not decreasing and appearing on his arms as well. He can’t go back to the clinic because of civic-19 so unless his legs drop off he has to cope with it until they start seeing patients again.

He has had a lot of tests and scans for prostate cancer, the problem is his prostate is enlarged over 180% so they can’t do biopsies yet so have put him on a medication that decreases it over a period of 6mths. The virus affecting the world at the moment has for him, and 1000’s of others stopped them getting the treatment they need. He has another PSA blood test in a couple of weeks to see how it’s all going. Also due to the virus his consultations are via telephone with our dr and the consultant. He usually would rather suffer in silence than tell you how he feels but lately he has been quite ill and the smallest activity tires him out. He’s normally in bed for no later than 10pm and up literally with the lark but this past year a large portion of the day is spent either on the bed during the day and often going to bed by 8-8.30pm.

A while ago we decided to decorate the dining room and lounge, all the ingredients were gathered but with his health declining it has to wait, the stay away from others and no visiting have made this less embarrassing only we can see it. For both rooms the new curtains, new  rug and other finishing off items are stored.

I have been discharged from the breast clinic as clear now says she mentally jumping for joy. I have had another mammogram which came back clear so only need them every 3 yrs now yeahhhhhh👍 I
don’t know any woman who wouldn’t celebrate not having to have them.

 I found a large lump on the side of my neck it was painful and I felt really rough and very tired so Neil insisted I go to the drs and came with me. A blood test confirmed my ESR results were very high and others confirmed rheumatoid arthritis and an infection in my lymphatic system. On top of the other problems it’s  something I could do without but I’m coping. The medication given was Prednisalone but after reading the side effects I’ve opted not to take them they can cause a lot of mentally associated problems which for me is a no no. After my daughter was born I had post natal depression needing a lot of treatment some very unpleasant. Over time I have grown a lot stronger mentally and refuse to go to that dark valley again, so they’re keeping an eye on how I go on. I thought my dr would be cross but she is supporting me. Of course the pandemic has altered so much for everyone, all consultations are done over the phone at this time.

I’m closing this post now and will continue with a more upbeat and happier post👍😊💕💕

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...