Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

At last!


At last I have finally crocheted the rows correctly and my result is way much better. Here are the results, as you can see the top one, where I made my mistakes gives a gentler, less defined ripple. Thè bottom one has the points and I can see where I've increased and decreased, I was so relieved when it clicked into my brain and as Lucy said on her blog, once you 'get' it it's so relaxing and it is. I'm really enjoying working it now.

In fact I'm enjoying it so much I ordered the wool pack for the CAL, Cosy blanket, this isn't a ripple but if you pop on over to her blog you'll see why I gave in and ordered the pack, why not pop along and join in. Attic24.typepad.com it's a pleasure stopping by and reading her blog, she's having a weeks break from her blog and the internet. It's been a manic few weeks for her and it catches up with us all at times, also I imagine her children are on half term holiday so it will give her time with them.

I have no affiliation with Stylecraft or The Wool Warehouse and can give a honest opinion regarding Stylecraft Special Dk. It's a pleasure to work with, I've used many different brands over the years and recently have got irritated when the wool starts to come loose after the band has been removed. Stylecraft keeps its shape, comes off the 'ball' nicely and it shows in the finished garment/blanket. 

Wool Warehouse stock packs of this wool for  Lucy's blankets, I also found another online stockist where this particular wool is on sale, Cottage crafts.org.uk postage is free on orders £25 and over. I am so impressed with the wool I ordered 1 x 100gms ball of each colour, well, I didn't it was my fingers, I think it happened when I nodded off mid afternoon lol.
I'm taking breaks throughout the afternoon, donning my marigolds and immersing my hands in hot water to ease the stiffness. When I get home I'll have a hot wax treatment, that is so soothing.

We have until Wednesday here then we need to go home, I don't think we'll come back after the drs on Friday through until Sunday. I'm shattered the day after driving home, it's only 2.1/2hrs drive but it whacks me out. We probably won't come back until the following Thursday, the season ends about the15th November then we shut down until March.

We both really love coming, it only takes an hr at most to tidy the van and make the beds etc then we can just chill out without feeling guilty.

We have some big jobs that need doing at home, a new bathroon and shower for starters, Mr B put the last one in but I don't think he's up to doing it this time. His own health hasn't been great and he's having some more tests done when we get back this week. I think there'll be some moths flying from his bank account for this job. There's decorating needs doing also. 

Well back to my crochet or shall I do some knitting for a change, I think I'll read a few blogs before I do anything:)

Enjoy your afternoon and whatever craft makes you happy.

Hugs

Peg xx

4 comments:

Angel Jem said...

Oh yes! When the ripple is set properly, it's a pleasure to do. The colours are lovely and I. too, can thoroughly recommend Stylecraft. I love the choice of shades they have!

Julie said...

Your ripple looks wonderful, I keep saying i'll get round to another blanket, but it doesn't seem to be happening, there always seems to be something else I'm crafting.

Anonymous said...

Tired of Stylecraft now and the same colors everywhere.
Laura

Peg said...

Sorry you're tired of Stylecraft and it's colours Laura but it is a nice wool to work with and seeing everyone's blankets and others who have chosen their own versions it pretty spectacular. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...